Colorado Ballet is seeking a motivated individual for a position as an Outreach Dance Instructor for our Leap N Learn and Workshop programs. This is an
ideal part-time position for an instructor currently teaching for multiple organizations and looking to add a few hours a week. Hours are extremely
part-time, averaging 2-5 hours per week during the school year and 5-10 hours per month in the summer months. The majority of teaching time for outreach
instructors occurs between 2:30pm and 6:30pm on weekdays. This position has hourly rates for both assisting and teaching, commensurate with experience.
This position reports to the Education Programs Manager and Education Department Manager in the Education & Community Engagement department.
- Hour-long instruction at school sites across the Denver metro area as a part of the Leap N Learn program (grades K - 2nd, 3rd – 5th, and sometimes middle school groups ranging from 10-25 students)
- Preparation of lesson plans for weekly classes, following a designated curriculum
- Responsible for music selection for classes (stereo with Bluetooth or auxiliary port will be provided)
- Distribution of permission slips, dance wear and additional materials as received from the Education Programs Manager
- Optional (mandatory for Leap N Learn instructors) attendance at outreach staff meetings (twice a year and paid administrative time)
- Regular communication with Education Programs Manager via email for scheduling, evaluation, etc.
- Opportunity to teach specific dance genres as a part of various workshop series
Colorado Ballet seeks the highest quality instructors to join our team. Our faculty brings the joy of dance to under-resourced communities across the Denver metro area.
- Strong background in creative movement, ballet and/or other dance genres required (West African, Bollywood/Bharatanatyam, hula, swing, and hip-hop instructors also needed)
- Ability to work with students of all ages and abilities required (willingness to work with students with disabilities)
- Reliable transportation required
- Bachelor’s degree in Dance or related field preferred
- Experience working in public schools preferred
- Experience in classroom management and inclusive approach to dance education desired
- Spanish proficiency desired
Please submit a resume and sample lesson plan (1-hour Creative Movement/Beginning Ballet for K-2nd graders) to
firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please – all
submissions will be acknowledged. Colorado Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Colorado Ballet
Established in 1961 by Lillian Covillo and Freidann Parker, Colorado Ballet is a non-profit organization celebrating 56 years of
presenting world-class classical ballet and superior dance in Denver. Under the direction of Artistic Director Gil Boggs,
Colorado Ballet presents more than 50 performances annually. Colorado Ballet enhances the cultural life of Colorado through
performances of the professional company, training at the Academy, and Education & Community Engagement programs.